updated 2:19 PM UTC, Oct 15, 2020

Archive Banner

Archived Banner

CISD considers contract with Direct Solutions

bulldogFile Photo - bulldog

By Mollie LaSalle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

COLMESNEIL – The Colmesneil ISD Board of Trustees held a special board meeting last Wednesday, and heard a presentation from Randy Weeks from Direct Solutions, based out of Livingston.

Weeks was on hand to speak to the board about his company’s products and services. The district is considering entering into a contract with Direct Solutions to provide the school with janitorial supplies. Direct Solutions carries everything from paper plates to cleaning supplies to containers and dispensers for businesses and homes.

Weeks explained that his company would provide the personnel, supplies and whatever else the district deems necessary to keep both campuses clean and sanitized. He explained that 70% of the cost would go to payroll, with the remaining 30% going toward supplies, which breaks down to $17 per man hour/8100 hours of cleaning. Mr. Weeks stressed that the agreements they normally enter into are for a period of three years. Board member Kris Lindsey wanted to know “If it’s not working for us or you, how do we get out of it (contract)?” Mr. Weeks replied that the company has “30 days to correct the problems, and another 30 days to get out of the agreement.”

If the board is in agreement to hire Direct Solutions, the contract would start Sept. 1.

Board members inquired about the employees they already have, and stressed they are happy with their performance(s). Weeks said “absolutely, keep the staff you already have, we can bring in supervisors.”

Once the service starts, Direct Solutions would go in and “fog” the entire district, and within 48 hours, the COVID bug would be dead. After they fog the campuses, they go in and wipe everything down. Direct Solutions would provide two self-contained pressure washers, one for each campus.

Before the board adjourned for board training and goal settings, they approved the district entering into an agreement with KBS Law Group.

After the board training, trustees went into executive session to consider signing an agreement with Direct Solutions; the motion passed, with the district signing a three- year contract. The board also approved two new personnel hires: William McInnis, who will teach Special Education and Lanette Golden who is going to teach fourth grade.

The first day of school for Colmesneil ISD is scheduled for Thursday. Colmesneil ISD is committed to working to keep everyone safe during this time. While they cannot prevent COVID-19’s presence on campus, they will do whatever is possible to mitigate its presence and preserve the school community’s health and welfare.

TEA (Texas Education Agency) has provided a Public Health Guidance list for the 2020-2021 school year. This document has been compiled using TEA resources, and may be found at the following website: www.tea.texas.gov/coronavirus.

Tagged under colmesneil CISD




Humidity: 100%

Wind: 14 mph

  • 03 Jan 2019 45°F 37°F
  • 04 Jan 2019 55°F 34°F